Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Y: Yo-Yo Ma

It was inevitable. This choice for "Y", I mean. I'm very fond of the cello as an instrument. The baritone...tenor of the instrument is very appealing.

Then, of course, there's so much Bach for the cello, including the cello suites - unaccompanied, so the virtuosity of the composer, the instrument and the performer are all on display. And I am very fond of Bach.

Then, there's Yo-Yo Ma. a man for whom everything seems to be music, no music seems to be off limits and there also seems to be no music style beyond his ability.

I could fill this entry with images of Mr. Ma's discography - but I will content myself with two.

Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone and Simply Baroque.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. The cello is a beautiful instrument, a rich mellow sound to it, and Yo-Yo Ma possibly the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with both your sentiments, Laura.

      Delete
  2. Didn't Yo Yo play a lot of the sound track of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? I like the sound of the cello. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did indeed, Helen.

      Like you, I'm very fond of the sound of the instrument. Thanks for calling in.

      Delete