Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ah yes, I remember it well...

While there is no intention to turn this into a series of film reviews, I have to comment on Goldfish Memory - a delightful film set in my native Dublin. The city herself has a starring role in the file - at least to this, quite biased, eye anyway.


What is the matter? - as Polonius was heard to ask Hamlet. In the case of the film, love. Love and the "frailties that flesh is heir to". Dear me, it seems I am on something of a Hamlet kick.


The film - simplicity itself. Take just short of a dozen people and shuffle them. Shuffle them without much regard to gender pairings, generational pairings, even religious pairings as it turns out. Leave much unsaid, or say too much, or not enough. Stir - wildly - and serve 85 minutes of entertainment - with sensual portuguese songs to leaven the batch.


A warning. It may be necessary to see the film more than once - to allow you to keep track of everyone. But that might just be me.




No comments:

Post a Comment