Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q: Queen

Well, what else could it have been?

One of the classic rock bands, with one of the finer guitarists, Brian May, and one of the best front-men in the business, Freddie Mercury. The CD, Queen - Greatest Hits II is wonderful, full of the energy the band had.

Hearing Freddie Mercury sing "Who wants to live forever" is always tinged with melancholy for me, because he didn't. The song is also featured on the soundtrack of the movie, "Highlander". It fit well there too. And, the film echoes in the words to the song "It's a Kind of Magic" also - I mean, there can be only one, yes?

In addition to the CD, one of several I have, I also have the DVD of Queen's concert in Wembley Stadium in London. Thereon Freddie Mercury struts his stuff all over the stage. And could he ever strut! And did he ever have stuff to strut!

I may be a fan.

And then he sits at the piano for the opening of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and music pours forth. Such a talent.

8 comments:

  1. I love Queen, I got their first album way back when. I was so sad with Freddy Died, such a great voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another group that I didn't much listen to... I wasn't ever drawn to the 'noisy guitar' music. Strange, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but, Laura, 'noisy guitar'...there are some things in life that need to be experienced. :D

      Delete
  3. Drums...beating heartbeat, booming, body rhythm, drums!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this! Queen was one of my choices for Q. Visiting from A to z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good choice for Q :D

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete