Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

The end's in sight - if I use binoculars

So, if I write 3,000 words a day for the rest of the month, I'll make it.

I got off to a good start, and I've written every day so far this month, but I'm still behind. The "written every day this month" is an improvement over other years. But I'm 18,000 words short of the fifty thousand. And six days to write them.

The story is working out. It's coming to something of a climax. I'm a little worried that the climax may be arriving too soon. But I've yet to get there so things may work out in the end.

The story is certainly the start of a series. I think this first part gets the main character, and "friends", from the fire into a frying pan. There are more adventures to have.

But first I have to get across the fifty thousand finish line. And do it without having to do an eleven thousand word day on November 30th. Doable, because I've done it in the past. But it's preferable to spread the words out a little more than that.

Onward...

4 comments:

  1. Binoculars, huh? ;) You're doing much better than I am. My stubborn side saw the deadline and dug in her heels, insisting on being a free spirit. *sigh* I am writing but making sure I don't get anywhere close to the word count I need.

    Even if you get to the climax too quickly you can always go back and flesh it out more or add in a new subplot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The binoculars represent my hope…that it's not a telescope!

      I know the "free spirit" persona…though in my case I have trouble differentiating him from the "it'll be all right on the night" lazy one. :)

      You are writing, River, and that's what counts. Words on "paper", as it were. Good luck to you.

      Delete
    2. Well...mine could be the lazy one talking. She has a motormouth lately. :D

      Delete
    3. Write down what she says! :D

      Delete