Pages

Monday, April 07, 2014

F is for...foolish youth :)

Frenetic coding
Fueled by coke and snickers bars
Far into the night

With toonz playin' through the 'phones - concentrating through the hard rock, picturing the abstract shapes that formed the code, lost in the logic. 

Those were the days, my friend - as the song goes. Now? I use that kind of time (and a pale shadow of that energy) to write stories. 

One thing, the coke mentioned above was the carbonated liquid kind. Honest! My nose is too...delicate...for anything else. 

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

6 comments:

  1. LOL! I must be an oldie too (or naïve). I thought of the beverage. Yes, we still sit long into the night writing, but I remember a time when I could savor the energy still stored after staying up all night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too, too…painfully true, Laura. My energies are no longer abundant early in the morning. And not so abundant at night, either. *sigh* :)

      Delete
  2. LOL I'm an oldie too and now can only drink diet coke! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I, Helen. I switched from the sugared version a long time ago.

      Delete
  3. I've coded -- I always thought it was Diet Coke (or Pepsi) or Jolt! Remember that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the day, Janet, it was the combination of sugar in the coke and the snickers that did it. That said, there was a lot of the diet variety consumed also.

      And yes, I remember Jolt. Only tried it once. Wired! Just wired! :-D

      Delete