Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Insanity - thy name is NaNoWriMo

Well, it's official. I've finally lost it.

I signed up for the 10th National Novel Writing Month. By the end of November 2008 the goal is to have a 50,000 word novel written. Well, the first draft of same anyway.

Last year over 100,000 people signed up to do so. This year I can only imagine there will be even more. There are people who have done this several, nay many, years in a row.

Winners, those reaching the finish line with 50,000 words (or more) under their belt, receive - a great sense of satisfaction.

Just to be difficult, but of course, I will write this novel the old-fashioned way - with a fountain pen (a Black and Gold Waterman Carène to be exact) which was a birthday gift from my Love some years ago. The reason for writing the novel by hand is easy. I am supremely distractible - and the Internet is never more than a click away on a computer.

So, pen and ink it is - on fine pads of paper.

See you December 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment