Pages

Friday, November 07, 2008

Looks pretty odd from down here...

Perhaps you really can't go back...


Odd experience yesterday evening. A group of ex-Digital employees got together in Palo Alto and I thought to go along. Just to see. Who knows, with the networking required of a freelance career something might come of it down the line.


I was twelve years with the company, easily triple the longest stint with any company since - and yes, DEC was my first real job.


I stayed something under twenty minutes. It's not that "you can't go back". Sometimes I can't go forward. We are masters of our own limitations - and my insecurities master me when least expected.


So I made some excuse, checked the train schedule and left.


I did leave a business card so I guess that's progress of a sort.




No comments:

Post a Comment