Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

K: Kothbiro

It seems we're back to films. Soundtracks anyway.

I own the CD of the soundtrack to the film, "The Constant Gardner". The film itself hurts, but that's what a good story, well told, should do - reach in and touch you.

And it does. The story ends well, but not everyone gets out alive. And the audience feels right along with the main character. Of course, it never hurts to have your main character played by Ralph Fiennes. :) Rachel Weisz is no slouch either.

If you do visit the Amazon page for the soundtrack - play the piece of track 13, Kothbiro, found there. It's one of the more atmospheric and poignant melodies I've ever heard.

6 comments:

  1. I don't listen much to music anymore so you are expanding my horizons. This is a movie that (like many others) I meant to see, then forgot about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good movie, Laura, and the music works well with it.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of this movie. I will have to check it out.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    Dianna Fielding
    Sociologyfornerds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dianna. I'm having fun with the challenge. Having a theme has (sort of) helped. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm... Dropped by to listen to the track. Not bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad at all. Glad you dropped by here also.

      Many thanks.

      Delete